When Thomas and Arthur Anderson built the initial production facility in 1951, it was the first prestressing factory building in this country. The modest four employee company was the culmination of a year-long investigation, by the Andersons, throughout Europe to see the few prestressed concrete structures in existence at that time.
Through considerable effort in developing and promoting the technology of prestressed elements for construction, Concrete Technology Corporation (CTC) was able to win acceptance of its structural concepts. Acceptance led to growth in sales and demand, and the resulting expansion led to the building of the main Structural Plant in 1960.
A second major production building was added in 1967 to accommodate the rising demand for precast building elements. Production expansion in the 1970's included facilities for semi-automated casting of hollow-core slabs and a fully permitted 150 ft x 500 ft. graving dock for construction of floating concrete structures. Expansion and continuous upgrading of stressing facilities, handling equipment, batching facilities, formwork and other production tooling has kept CTC at the forefront of prestressed concrete manufacturing.